[NEW] Piano Concerto Online Festival
Before submitting an application form, please read the full festival guidelines below. Failure to do so will result in an ineligible application submission.
ONLINE APPLICATION INFORMATION
● Deadline: Friday, 12/15/2023
● (1) Complete online application; (2) Provide a YouTube link of *video recording; (3) Pay application fee through PayPal.
● Participants may apply to both classical (solo/piano concerto/ensemble) and gospel festivals, but will need to apply separately.
● In the event of a high volume of applications, participants will be organized to compete in groups.
● The Metropolitan Festival is a national level Festival.
● $100 Cash Award: Best Performer(s) in the Classical Piano Concerto Festival
Application and processing fee: $50 (non-refundable)
Confirmation emails will be automatically sent to the parent's email address once the application is submitted. If it does not appear in your inbox, we advise to double check whether it went into your junk or spam box.
● YouTube Video Naming Rules:
- Title: Metropolitan Piano Concerto Festival 2023 – Instrument, Full Title of piece, Movement, Full Composer Name
- Description box: Grade, date/year of recording (this information should NOT be in the title)
- The participant's name should NOT appear anywhere on the YouTube video, including channel name.
- If the information for the title does not all fit due to character limit, please include the remainder of the title in the description box.
● Videos must be taken horizontally.
● Save/publish the video’s visibility to UNLISTED
● Videos will not be accepted if they are not titled/described accordingly.
● The video being submitted may be made anytime during 2023.
● Participants’ face, hands, feet with pedals as well as piano, must be visible for the entirety of the video. It does not matter if we do not see the accompanist in the video as long as we hear the accompaniments.
● Memorization is required.
● Video recording MUST be a one-take; editing, such as cutting and merging multiple takes, is prohibited.
● Formal and appropriate attire must be worn, otherwise, the video will not be accepted.
● The applicant must prepare the movement or piece in its entirety. We recommend uploading a full performance that falls within the assigned time limit; however, if the video time length is longer than the designated time limit, judges reserve the right to listen to different sections of the piece. Participants may not upload an incomplete movement/piece.
● Results will be announced Saturday, 12/30/2023.
Judge decisions are final, no exceptions.
● 1st, 2nd, 3rd place, and Honorable Mention will be awarded.
● Certificates and comments sheets will be emailed to the participant’s and the teacher’s email address. Awards will be mailed to the teacher's address listed on the application form. YMIC is not responsible for any awards that get lost in the mail due to incorrect address information or transit issues and will not send an additional copy. Please ensure that the teacher's address is accurate and up-to-date, as there will be no follow-up confirmation.
Student grades 1-12
One movement or piece must be prepared and recorded in its entirety.
There is no time limit for the Piano concerto festival participants.
*** If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com